Visitor maps are available at the admission desk in the lobby. Please recycle your map in the bin near the concierge desk after your visit. Preview the Visitor Map (PDF) now!
Follow the Green Trail
Like you, we care about the natural world. What does that have to do with our new building? Find out by following the GREEN TRAIL. As you explore the History Colorado Center you’ll see markers like this, showing how we’re making a difference.
Here are some hints for finding GREEN TRAIL markers:
• Lobby Ceiling—Beetle-kill pine reminds us to reuse what we can.
• Terrazzo Floor—Recycled glass sparkles.
• Lobby Desks and Grand Staircase—Local sandstone didn’t have to travel far to get here.
• Library and Resource Center Cabinets—Made with woven aspen and recycled hardwoods.
• Event Space Floor—Guests gather on bamboo, a sustainable material.
• The Site—We’re part of Denver’s City Center—you can walk to many businesses and bus lines—and local plants grow outside.
Designed and built for LEED Gold certification, the History Colorado Center showcases our commitment to sustainability and preservation. Click here for more about the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification system.